Roleplay-Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayer's from Infinity and Beyond

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Statistics
We have 64 registered users
The newest registered user is elyzalatin

Our users have posted a total of 26447 messages in 1167 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 803 on Sun May 22, 2011 5:19 am
Latest topics
» A Blast From The Past...
The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord Emptyby Jandroy Thu May 26, 2022 11:58 pm

» The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord
The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord Emptyby Dimitri Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:11 pm

» A last thank you!
The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord Emptyby Dan Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:13 pm

» Last One Out Lock the Door
The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord Emptyby Jandroy Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:01 am

» Goddamn it
The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord Emptyby Jandroy Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:16 pm

» Absolute Continuum Reset.
The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord Emptyby Dimitri Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:37 pm

» To all of you people.
The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord Emptyby Dan Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:17 pm

» Where to find me
The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord Emptyby Neyix Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:07 am

» This Gallery is Better Than Everything CWC Has Ever Done In His Entire Life
The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord Emptyby Neyix Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:55 pm

» Well, It's certainly been a run.
The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord Emptyby Neyix Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:07 pm

» So uhh,watcha think?
The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord Emptyby Jandroy Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:17 pm

» Well, last "thread" from me.
The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord Emptyby Chicken Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:54 am

» And now for something completely different.
The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord Emptyby Neyix Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:00 am

» Some Venting
The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord Emptyby Chicken Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:43 pm

» I don't think I need to even explain why this makes me angry.
The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord Emptyby Jandroy Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:36 am

» I swear to God.
The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord Emptyby Jandroy Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:34 am

» Fallout 4 Wish list
The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord Emptyby Dan Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:37 pm

» The Eighth-Generation Console Poll
The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord Emptyby Captain Datten Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:24 am

» A strange but intriguing specimen
The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord Emptyby Jandroy Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:28 pm

» Can I get some clarification on what this is
The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord Emptyby Neyix Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:09 am

Top posters
Jandroy
The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord I_vote_lcapThe End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord I_voting_barThe End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord I_vote_rcap 
Dimitri
The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord I_vote_lcapThe End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord I_voting_barThe End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord I_vote_rcap 
PokedragonX
Neyix
Spiderpig2398
Nightmare-Bot
Sundowner
Dan
BluePSI
Doctor Stein

The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dimitri
Forum ADDICT
Forum ADDICT
Dimitri

My Pet : Creeper

CS
Health:
The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord Left_bar_bleue25000/25000The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord Empty_bar_bleue  (25000/25000)
Name::
Magic power:
The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord Left_bar_bleue10000/10000The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)

The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord Empty
PostSubject: The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord   The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord EmptyFri Sep 06, 2019 4:34 pm

Hey, just making one last post here on here to wrap up a few things. I miss you guys, and I've got so much to tell you. When I get back on later, I'm gonna say like, a lot of shit and explain like a million things that don't make any sense. But if you wanna know where I'm doing most of my work nowadays, hit me up on Discord. My ID is OmegaExalted#6118. See you there... hopefully.

Last edited by Dimitri on Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:53 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dimitri
Forum ADDICT
Forum ADDICT
Dimitri

My Pet : Creeper

CS
Health:
The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord Left_bar_bleue25000/25000The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord Empty_bar_bleue  (25000/25000)
Name::
Magic power:
The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord Left_bar_bleue10000/10000The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)

The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord   The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord EmptySat Sep 07, 2019 2:11 pm

And now, one changelog to rule them all.

That "Absolute Continuum Reset" from 2014? Forget it. It sucked.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Main Story - "Imperfectus Crystallum: A Prelude"

Welcome to Mobius. It is a world where nature and technology come into intermittent conflict. Many of its inhabitants possess an aptitute for fantastic powers, and thus there is no shortage of heroes and villains. However, one hero in particular goes by the name of Sonic the Hedgehog. Deemed 'The Fastest Thing Alive', he fights to keep his world safe from people like Doctor Eggman; an evil genius who has tried--and almost succeeded--to subjugate the world under the might of his machines. If it weren't for the intervention of Omegacorp Research & Security Consulting and their private army, he might've actually won. However, Eggman was defeated due to OmegaCorp's heavy utilization of Magitek, and no one has seen him since. Thus the world has earned a temporary reprieve, which is kept in place by the Aspects: agents of the Crystalborn who possess amazing abilities, and use them to carry out their duties. Overall, Mobius is a pretty good place to live in if you can ignore all the bumpers sitting around in weird places.

But things weren't always the way that they are now, and what many people don't know is that this Mobius is a recreation.

Long ago, the then six Crystalborn--stewards of the Prime Zone--wrote history through conflict, and the outcomes of their battles beyond the mortal realm influenced events on Mobius as they occurred. With the Crystalborn being dark and light counterparts of each other, peaceful relationships seemed like an impossibility. They couldn't attack each other directly, as per the guidelines ensuring their continued survival. Instead, they used Eikons--magical entities summoned by the presence of Aether--to fight their battles for them. It was a system that worked... for a while, at least.

Of the six Crystalborn, there were two counterparts who had grown tired of the constant fighting, and wanted to try something different. These two were Venera, the Discord Crystalborn of Balance; and Janus, the Order Crystalborn of Perfection. Instead of fighting each other, they became friends; and eventually, lovers. They even bore a child, whom they named Caden. The other four Crystalborn were wary of their relationship: "Light and dark are meant to oppose each other, not mix together", they thought. They tried to get Venera and Janus to conform to their ways; to convince them that their union had no place amongst the Crystalborn.

Janus scorned the Crystalborn for trying to interfere with his and Venera's relationship. He wanted to punish them, and he would start by destroying the world that they watched over: Mobius. He began experimenting with Aether, corrupting its magical properties. He eventually came up with a substance he called "Void", and used it to summon a monstrous creation known as Bahamut. Janus sent Bahamut into the mortal realm and ordered it to attack Mobius with Zettaflare, which flooded the world with Void and killed almost every last inhabitant.

Venera was horrified to see what her lover had done. As an act of repentance for Janus' atrocities, she sacrified herself to cast Hypernova; a forbidden spell that destroyed both Bahamut and her own body. Her remaining Aether crystallized into six aspected crystals known as Astral Shards: one for each of the six base elements of fire, ice, wind, earth, lightning, and water. The Crystalborn banished Janus to a paradoxical dimension known as the Edge of Eternity, using the Astral Shards to create a seal that could only be broken when all six were brought together.

Bahamut and Janus were taken care of, but the remaining four Crystalborn had a grievous task ahead of them. Mobius was beyond salvation; their only option then was to create a new one from scratch. They suggested creating a new timeline, which in itself was a complicated process. To this end, they raised Caden with the purpose of eventually becoming the carrier of Alexander--the ultimate light Eikon and guardian of time. When the time was right, they would use Alexander to create a new timeline for a fresh, unstained Mobius. In the meantime, they searched for any survivors stranded in the old world. Once the new timeline was finished, the survivors would be dropped into the new Mobius as "Returners"--a living testament of the old world. For most, it was something of a blessing--a way to start over with their lives intact. Others, however, saw it as an insult--the last act of cruelty on top of destroying their world.

When the new timeline was created, there was still the task of hiding the Astral Shards to ensure that Janus would never break free from his imprisonment. Initially, they had tasked the Returners with protecting them with their lives. This was not meant to be a permanent solution, but eventually it had become such.

The Crystalborn had also decided that their Eikons needed another level of control. To this end they decided that they needed to create more warriors who could use Eikons in the same vein as Caden. Through their methods of Aetherical manipulation, they made it so particularly dense souls could be born with a Crystarium--a rare variable in the souls of mortals that would allow them to manipulate Aether, and eventually be able to summon and control Eikons. These individuals would be officially known as Aspects.

With this new safeguard in place, the Crystalborn have become much more involved with the affairs of Mobius. Originally the Aspects were meant to serve as bodyguards for the Returners, but they eventually went beyond this directive to pursue adventure and heroism. One could say that Mobius has prospered thanks to the Aspects helping to protect it; but as the past of the Crystalborn begins to catch up to them, this prosperity may soon come to an end.

New Additions
New Terminology

Crystalborn
The Crystalborn are a race of Gods who observe Mobius from beyond the mortal realm. There are three Crystalborn of Light, and three Crystalborn of Darkness. None of them are truly evil, nor truly good. However, as the name implies, crystals are a common theme amongst all of them.

Aether
Aether is the source of life and magic. Although every being is born with Aether, very few exist with the natural ability to utilize it in magic.

Eikon
Eikons are Aetherical anomalies given body and mind. Eikons come in various forms ranging from humanoid to monstrous. Defeating an Eikon is a daunting task in and of itself, and provides no reward to those without the birthright of becoming an Aspect.

Aspect
An Aspect refers to any mortal who has gained the favor of an Eikon. They are gifted with immense power, as well a natural affinity for manipulating Aether in magic. They are extremely valuable to the Crystalborn, who seek out Aspects to recruit in order to protect the world and settle disputes with other Crystalborn.

Crystarium
A Crystarium is what enables mortals to become Aspects. Implanted into the soul at birth by sheer luck of the draw, a Crystarium is initially dormant. Once filled with the essence of an Eikon, it rapidly expands the user's abilities on top of the abilities of the Eikon sealed inside.

Fennin
Fennin are a race of demi-humans initially spotted in the new Mobius, though they were absent in the old world. They come in many different species as Mobians tend to do, but are less common compared to Mobians and humans. They often live in small, tight-knit societies, though one or two occasionally wander into the city in hopes of a life of grandeur.
Quote :
"Why?"

New Factions

Returners
Rewriting.
Just a minute! The following section contains spoilers, viewing it will cost a lot. Are you prepared to pay for it?:

Millennium Flames
Rewriting.

New Locations

Gudawn
One of the oldest cities in Eurish. Gudawn suffers from a long history of supernatural activity, and is plagued by bizarre and inexplicable events.
Quote :
"What a beautiful Duwang."

Luxerna
A coastal town nestled on the eastern shore. Considered to be a highly-rated vacation spot.

YukibŨro
Once described as "a small patch of the Far East nestled in the western world". The residents of this town still uphold traditions passed down from the Feudal Era.

Libertalia
One of the original echidna settlements, Libertalia is a polytheistic society that actively worships the Crystalborn. Their scholarly pursuits are primarily focused on harnessing the magical properties of Aether.

Skyhaven
Located miles above the ground, Skyhaven is home to many avian Mobian speices. They are rather xenophobic, and tend to be hostile to outsiders.

Asgard
The home of Lyndis, the Crystalborn of Fate, who rules this realm from the citadel of Valhalla. The fertile grasslands of Asgard are home to a wide selection of fantastic creatures, making this an ideal hunting ground.

Niflheim
The home of Izaria, the Crystalborn of Miracles, who rules this realm from the citadel of Eljudnir. It is described as an unforgiving, hellish tundra that stretches as far as the eye can see.

New Characters

Caden Astaris the Fox
Caden is the Aspect of Salvation and the first Aspect ever created, wielding the powerful light Eikon known as Alexander. Alexander himself takes the form of a gauntlet on his right hand, which can create Aetherpool weapons on demand. It also allows Caden to use time magic, usually by stopping time with Temporal Stasis or rewinding time with Temporal Reconfiguration. He also possesses an arsenal of powerful Holy magic for dealing with threats that move out of melee range.

Xander Graves the Mongoose
A mysterious individual who continuously hunts for Caden with unshakeable determination. He is an Aspect who wields a monstrously powerful dark Eikon known as Diabolos, giving him access to gravity magic and nightmare-inducing powers. While Caden appears to be his main target, he is known to kill anyone who tries to get in his way.

Lyndis the Mongoose
Lyndis is the Crystalborn of Fate, and is one of the four deities of Mobius. She is a light-aspected Crystalborn with a fiery temper to match her prowess in fire magic. While normally a benevolent being, it does not take much to make her angry, making even her Aspects wary of sudden snaps.

Izaria the Raccoon
Izaria is the Crystalborn of Freedom, and is one of the four deities of Mobius. She is a dark-aspected Crystalborn who is best described as an "ice queen" both literally and figuratively. As the antinomy of Lyndis, she is not fond of mortals and her mood rarely changes.

Kasha Petrovski the Snow Leopard
Kasha is the Aspect of Hope and wields the Eikon, Brynhildr. Proficient with a sword and shield, she is one of the dedicated tanks for Lyndis's team of Aspects. She is a simple girl, but she's fierce with a wicked bite. Don't underestimate her willingness to put herself in harm's way for the sake of her allies.

Sera-Na the Echidna
Sera-Na is the Aspect of Kindness and wields the Eikon, Hestia. A talented Astrologian, she is one of the dedicated healers of Lyndis's team. A native of Libertalia, she grew up learning about the Crystalborn and always had aspirations of being chosen to become an Aspect. Now that she's gotten her wish, she does whatever it takes to keep her friends alive.

Cynthia Pyress the Ocelot
Cynthia is the Aspect of Determination and wields the Eikon, Artemis. A skilled archer and huntress, she's very quick on her feet. As one of the ranged attackers of Lyndis's team, she swiftly moves in and out of danger as she slings arrows of light at her enemies.
Just a minute! The following section contains spoilers, viewing it will cost a lot. Are you prepared to pay for it?:

Lara Garlond the Wolf
Lara is the Aspect of Courage and wields the Eikon, Vulcan. She was originally a member of the Wolf Pack, though after they suffered defeat in a failed skirmish against Eggman's forces, she grew distrustful of Lupe and broke off. It was not long afterward that she was tested by Vulcan, and just barely managed to come out on top. Now armed with a fearsome gunblade, she's one of the dedicated tanks for Lyndis's team.

Carmine Lowell the Rabbit
Carmine is the Aspect of Benevolence and wields the Eikon, Ultima. When her village was nearly wiped out by a plague, she dedicated her life to prayer and becoming a talented healer. As a White Mage with an extremely powerful staff at her side, she works with Sera-Na to keep the rest of Lyndis's team alive.

Lilith Sterling the Stoat
I'm actually gonna change this one. Disregard whatever I wrote before.

Removal Log
Removed Lore
Asunder
After nine years in development: This is the reason that I went on hiatus, aside from other things involving work and life. Every time this beta backstory came to mind, something about it felt... half-assed? Now that I'm back on the project, I've rewritten the original story and reworded some of the terminology. Some of the original lore is still around, but retooled in a way that makes it run smoother.

Removed Terminology

Azure Grimoire
Code S.O.L.: The only reason I kept the Azure Grimoire around for so long was because the majority of my old lore was being supported by the BlazBlue universe. When I started rewriting my lore, I didn't rely so much on BlazBlue's story elements. Needless to say, the Azure Grimoire doesn't have a purpose in my story anymore.

Ancient Grimoire
We went through this! Are you stupid, or what?!: Same reason as the Azure Grimoire.

Ars Magus
Every Little Thing She Does Is Magitek: All instances of the term Ars Magus have been replaced with the more flexible umbrella term of Magitek.

Arma Antiquorum Causality Weapon
A rose by any other name: Before the Aspects became the Aspects, they used personal weapons known as Arma Antiquorum Causality Weapons. Like the Eikons that came after them, these were named after various figures in ancient mythology. However, after rewriting my lore and working with the more formidable Eikons, I had no need for Arma Antiquorum weapons.
Back to top Go down

The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplay-Galaxy :: Index :: Roleplaying :: Roleplay Studio-
Jump to: