Roleplay-Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayer's from Infinity and Beyond

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Statistics
We have 64 registered users
The newest registered user is elyzalatin

Our users have posted a total of 26447 messages in 1167 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 803 on Sun May 22, 2011 5:19 am
Latest topics
» A Blast From The Past...
Siren: Blood Curse Emptyby Jandroy Thu May 26, 2022 11:58 pm

» The End of an Age, an Intro to Crystallumverse... and Discord
Siren: Blood Curse Emptyby Dimitri Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:11 pm

» A last thank you!
Siren: Blood Curse Emptyby Dan Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:13 pm

» Last One Out Lock the Door
Siren: Blood Curse Emptyby Jandroy Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:01 am

» Goddamn it
Siren: Blood Curse Emptyby Jandroy Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:16 pm

» Absolute Continuum Reset.
Siren: Blood Curse Emptyby Dimitri Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:37 pm

» To all of you people.
Siren: Blood Curse Emptyby Dan Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:17 pm

» Where to find me
Siren: Blood Curse Emptyby Neyix Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:07 am

» This Gallery is Better Than Everything CWC Has Ever Done In His Entire Life
Siren: Blood Curse Emptyby Neyix Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:55 pm

» Well, It's certainly been a run.
Siren: Blood Curse Emptyby Neyix Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:07 pm

» So uhh,watcha think?
Siren: Blood Curse Emptyby Jandroy Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:17 pm

» Well, last "thread" from me.
Siren: Blood Curse Emptyby Chicken Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:54 am

» And now for something completely different.
Siren: Blood Curse Emptyby Neyix Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:00 am

» Some Venting
Siren: Blood Curse Emptyby Chicken Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:43 pm

» I don't think I need to even explain why this makes me angry.
Siren: Blood Curse Emptyby Jandroy Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:36 am

» I swear to God.
Siren: Blood Curse Emptyby Jandroy Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:34 am

» Fallout 4 Wish list
Siren: Blood Curse Emptyby Dan Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:37 pm

» The Eighth-Generation Console Poll
Siren: Blood Curse Emptyby Captain Datten Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:24 am

» A strange but intriguing specimen
Siren: Blood Curse Emptyby Jandroy Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:28 pm

» Can I get some clarification on what this is
Siren: Blood Curse Emptyby Neyix Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:09 am

Top posters
Jandroy
Siren: Blood Curse I_vote_lcapSiren: Blood Curse I_voting_barSiren: Blood Curse I_vote_rcap 
Dimitri
Siren: Blood Curse I_vote_lcapSiren: Blood Curse I_voting_barSiren: Blood Curse I_vote_rcap 
PokedragonX
Neyix
Spiderpig2398
Nightmare-Bot
Sundowner
Dan
BluePSI
Doctor Stein

Siren: Blood Curse

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dan
Forum ADDICT
Forum ADDICT
Dan

Siren: Blood Curse Empty
PostSubject: Siren: Blood Curse   Siren: Blood Curse EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 4:17 pm

I'd just like to raise attention about one of the most underrated horror games out there, Siren Blood Curse. Why? We all know Silent Hill. We know how disturbing, hellish and unnerving the game is. But for me, SBC is the better of the two.

To start off with, there's already one of the most chilling theme songs ever once you start up the game - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9vfq_n-cYM

Not convinced yet? Okay.

The game follows several different playable characters - An ex-married couple, a teenager, a little girl, a twinkie with a rifle and a cameraman. Oh, the cameraman's black, so guess who dies first? 99.9% chance you guessed correctly. (I'm not kidding, you only see the cameraman twice, then the third time he becomes one of them.) The game has a couple of unique gameplay mechanics such as "Sightjacking", the main gimmick of the game which allows you to see through the eyes of other people... which is more or less one of those things. This means that you can watch yourself running away like a pansy as you're about to be hunted down and slaughtered, all close up and in HD. How generous of the developers.
The game goes from day time to night time regularly, all thanks to a SIREN that goes off (some of the people behind Silent Hill helped with this game, explaining the similarities). At night, your character only really has a flashlight and whatever weapon they have in their hand to prevent themselves from getting killed. I should also say that the shadows in this game are the best shadows you will ever see in any video game. They'll make you paranoid, trust me. And the daytime? Very foggy, blood red skies and most of the ground is covered in ankle-deep blood red water. All it does is make it easier for Shibito to see you.

Still not conviced? Alright then.

So who are they? If you clicked that video above you would already know what's in store for you. "But it's just a zombie girl with a big hole in her left tit." ... Wrong.
The enemies in the game are called "Shibito", Japanese for "insect" or something like that. In the game, they all form up as a giant nest in their village, stopping and "converting" outsiders into one of them so as to complete this giant ritual for when their god returns.
They're far worse than zombies. Why? Well, if you kill a zombie, they either stay alive yet seriously handicapped or just stay dead. Shibito don't. You can shoot one right in the face, but if you spend far too long on a level, that Shibito will get back up and go looking for you again. They're pretty much immortal... and make disturbing noises. A couple get back up after mere seconds of being shot. Seconds. Imagine having to run from something, knowing that each time you'll kill it, it'll just get back up and hunt you down. There's several versions of the Shibito too, all available to be gazed upon in regular HD, with the worst ones being maggot shibito. That doesn't look scary? I'd love to see your reaction when you have one towering 5 feet over you, giving a vicious death. They are VERY hard to kill and get up literally SECONDS after they're killed. Best bet is to run.

STILL not convinced? Fine by me.

In the first level of Episode 3, you have to play as the little girl, Bella. And you have to sneak through a hospital in the darkness. Which houses about 5 Shibito. And you're alone. And you can't protect yourself. And all you can do to survive is hide. And if you get caught it's an instant game over.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALIyilYHl48
Try enduring 12 episodes with the knowledge that you could run into a Shibito at any time, knowing that sooner or later if you kill one it'll pop back up later to whack a pickaxe through your skull. That, and the game gets SO FREAKING HARD at later stages with some eerie music to accompany it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o50S4iFppyM

I love this game. The end.
Back to top Go down
Chicken
Forum ADDICT
Forum ADDICT
Chicken

My Pet : Creeper

PostSubject: Re: Siren: Blood Curse   Siren: Blood Curse EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 6:57 pm

Convinced!

I like, I like very much!
Back to top Go down
http://leanandskinnychicken.tumblr.com
Dan
Forum ADDICT
Forum ADDICT
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Siren: Blood Curse   Siren: Blood Curse EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 8:41 pm

I've found out today that the game is based on a real life event that occured back in 1976. You should read this, it's quite creepy:

http://www.shibito.com/e/p_2_hp.html

The wooden sign that you see in that also appears in Siren Blood Curse in several places, so if you've played the game you have good reason to crap your pants now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Siren: Blood Curse   Siren: Blood Curse Empty

Back to top Go down

Siren: Blood Curse
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplay-Galaxy :: Index :: Talk :: Videogame Lounge-
Jump to: